Homology is searching for a cGMP Materials Management Lead to be a member of our Manufacturing Operations team. The Materials Management Lead is responsible for managing all supplies in support of internal cGMP operations at Homology. This individual will be responsible for supporting internal operations:
- Quality Control support
- cGMP Manufacturing
- Logistics operations
- Label & Packaging
Job function includes planning, purchasing, supplier relationship management, receiving and controlling inventory, warehousing and shipping finished goods, while satisfying internal customer expectations. Additionally, this position will recruit, manage and develop the cGMP Materials Management team to support daily operations of the cGMP manufacturing facility. This person will also need to partner with multiple functions to ensure appropriate systems are in place to support cGMP operations. The person will be a part of a team to advance a fundamentally important aspect of the company’s long-term success focused on internal manufacturing capability. The ideal candidate is creative, team-oriented and has hands-on experience in all aspects of start-up and operations related to GMP manufacturing facility.
Essential Functions and Duties
Manage all material deliverables as related to internal manufacturing, including, but not limited to:
- Support the design, construction, and commissioning of a new cGMP Manufacturing facility focused on planning, supply chain, and warehousing management
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team to run daily materials management operations
- Develop appropriate programs and systems related to planning, procurement, materials management, and cGMP warehousing
- Assist in development of SOP’s and processes to support cGMP operations
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, negotiate contracts, and develop supply agreements for raw materials, equipment, commodities, and services that help ensure cost-effectiveness and reliability
- Develop, implement, and lead critical supply management initiatives to enhance the supply base and facilitate cost improvements throughout the Company’s procurement system.
- Oversee and support the Company’s ERP and documentation systems as they relate to supply chain operations and procurement
- Support supplier selection and verification activities via audits, research, references, and other methods as required
- Provide periodic reports, analyses, and plans related to supply chain issues and metrics ranging from short-term to long-term consideration
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years in a position directly related to successfully managing materials management/supply chain operations and at least 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent leadership, organizational, computer and communication skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Significant knowledge of supply chain operations in support of internal manufacturing preferred
- Proven track record of scaling materials and managing key internal/external relationships
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, management, and prioritization skills are required
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.