Homology Medicines seeks an outstanding Scientist in the Upstream Process Development team to assist in vector development and viral production processes. The individual in this role will be a highly-skilled, talented and motivated researcher who will focus on development of plasmids and cell lines for AAV manufacturing. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized project plans, with the goal to deliver products that transform the lives of patients.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Design, development, and characterization of plasmids for AAV production
- Evaluation of vector production in suspension and adherent cell lines utilizing DOE based studies
- Performance of a variety of molecular biology assays including SDS-PAGE, PCR, nucleotide sequencing, and recombinant plasmid cloning and generation
- Single cell cloning and characterization of vector production cell lines
- Evaluation of cell growth parameters and vector production characteristics using multiple molecular and cellular based assays
- Collaborate with and serve as scientific mentor to research associates overseeing laboratory experimentation and data analysis
- Author technical reports and tech transfer documents as needed
Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS or equivalent with 6+ years industry experience or Ph.D. with 3+ years industry experience related to protein or viral vector production
- Experience in molecular techniques including plasmid cloning, restriction digest, sequencing and transient transfection
- Background in AAV cloning or production is strongly desired, virus or protein production experience in required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture in both adherent and suspension formats
- Adept at conducting routine testing and limited troubleshooting of multiple methods
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.